Take a look at this wonderful little book on cartooning techniques by cartoonist B. "Tack" Knight. Tack's Cartoon Tips for the Aspiring Professional!
In just twenty-nine pages he teaches aspiring professional artists how to draw cartoons the way they were done in the old-fashioned style of 1923!
Some of the pages are corny and not very useful today, but MOST of this book features rock-solid cartooning tips for learning how to draw in that old big-foot print cartoon style.
12 Mini Chapters on the Art of Cartooning:
- How to draw HANDS (this page is a winner!)
- Hats, Shoes, Wrinkles (as in clothes and drapery)
- Lessons on drawing KIDS and ANIMALS
- Drawing various cartoon facial Expressions
- How to draw BACKGROUNDS
- and even a bit on Cartoon Lettering
To read all these cartooning tips as a slideshow, (I think it's easiest to read it this way), click on:
Thanks to Dave Blog for sharing these scans on his Flickr page: Tack's Cartoon Tips for the Aspiring Professional!