Google+

Vintage Cartoon Commercial - Dandy Drawings and a Jaunty Jingle!

hey-mabel

Check out this fantastic little cartoon commercial from 1958!
(just click on the player below)


They sure knew how to make cool cartoon commercials back then!

black-label-wife-beer-on-tray
I happened upon this little gem while looking for old Fleischer cartoons...I hope you like it as much as I did ---

wife-hands-husband-beer
The jingle is quite catchy!

What a great idea -- Hey, Mabel!
A great idea -- Black Label!
Nothin's too good for good company...
Carling's Black Label Beer

I had to play the video a whole buncha times to get the screengrabs I posted, but each time I heard the song, it got under my skin a little bit more. I'm sure I'll be whistling the darn tune for hours if not days.
wife-snatches-the-beer
Cute little story, product is nicely and prominently featured...it's a winner!

cartoon man and woman happy about their Black Label beer
If anybody knows who made this cartoon, let us know in the comments below ^_^

3 comments:

Vincent Waller said...

I don't know, but they sure are swell.
Thanks for sharing.

CHRIS LOPEZ said...

You should ask Amid at Cartoon Brew. I did a quick perusal of Cartoon Modern and didn't catch a reference to Carling.

Togotooner said...

If I had to guess, I'd put my money on UPA. Sherm,..these clips are so cool! I love the simplistic line work!! Oh,..I have just uploaded my 2nd podcast (shameless plug) of my
"Behind the Lines" spotlight on amazingly talented but perhaps lesser known cartoonists...check it out if you can..it will NOT even come close to the COOLNESS factor that Sherm has here!!!! It's just something that I'm kinda testing out...Episodes 6 and 7 are the trials for this new format so let me know if you like it. I BEG OF YOU!!! (LOL!) The Link to the blog is here:http://behindthelinespodcast.blogspot.com/

Thanks!